COVID-19 Safety Rules
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Jr Hoops Basketball League
COVID-19 Safety Rules
October 4, 2021
Sporting Activities COVID-19 Requirements/classification: Basketball is a classified as High Contact Sport.
1. High Contact indoor sports; Coaches, athletes, officials, and spectators; must wear face coverings at all times at practice and games in any indoor gym facility.
2. All attendees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer regularly: Before entering the event, after using the restroom, immediately after the game, and when leaving the event.
3. Games and practice times/schedule; We will stagger practice and game times leaving 15 minutes between events. Please arrive in the gym at your game or practice time. If you arrive early, wait outside until your designated time.
4. All spectators of different households are to remain physically distant, 6 feet or more, as much as possible. Spectators, please limit your household attendance at any event. All spectators must wear a mask in the gym/indoors regardless of vaccination status.
5. Self-screening is required: any players or spectators, who are under quarantine, or have had any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the previous 72 hours are not allowed to attend any Jefferson County Parks and Recreation events: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell. Any individual who develops or displays any of these symptoms must remove themselves, or be removed by their parents or caregivers from the event immediately. Coaches and/or Rec Staff have the right to ask parents and caregivers to remove any individual they observe with these symptoms.
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation follows the guidelines of local health professionals including the Jefferson County Health Department, Jefferson Healthcare, and Washington State. Our aim is to contribute to the health and safety of our community while allowing our youth to participate in healthy physical activity. We appreciate your support and patience.
• In the event of a COVID spike/mandates, games and practice will be postponed; and a revised schedule will be sent out once we are cleared to return to play.
• In the case the program is canceled due to COVID spike/mandates; full refund before the season; after the season starts, you will receive a prorated-credit on your account; minus T-shirt/Jersey cost.